In this article we’ll look at how to apply for a Canada work visa. To work and live in Canada.
First Off What’s A Canada Work Visa Permit?
A work permit is a legal document that allows a foreign individual to work in Canada while in the country. Canada provides over half a million work licenses to temporary foreign workers around the world each year.
Many foreign nationals seeking employment possibilities flock to Canada. Working in Canada is also a great first step for individuals looking to settle permanently in the nation.
Types of Canadian work permits
There are many different options for obtaining a Canadian work permit. Some work permits require a job offer from a Canadian employer, some require that the employer provide a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), while others require that a person has some sort of connection to Canada (previous education, spousal sponsorship, etc.)
These are the types of work permits available:
Requiring a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
- Facilitated LMIA (Quebec)
- Global Talent Stream
LMIA-Exempt but requiring a job offer or employment contract
- International Mobility Program (IMP)
- NAFTA Work Permits
- CETA Work Permits
- Intra-Company Transfers
What documents are required to apply for a Canada work visa?
The documents required for a Canadian work permit will depend on the type of work permit you are applying for. Applicants may need to provide the following documents as part of their work permit application:
- Completed application forms
- Proof of status in Canada (if applicable)
- Family member’s proof of status (if applicable)
- Labour Market Impact Assessment (if applicable)
- Written offer of employment (if applicable)
- CV/ résumé
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) (if applicable)
- Proof that you meet the job requirements
- Valid copy of your passport
- Copy of education credential
- Medical exam results (if requested)
- Evidence of financial means to stay in Canada and return to home country
- Proof of payment for applicable government fees
- Recent passport-sized photos
How much does a Canadian work permit cost?
The processing fee for a closed work permit is $155 CAD per person or $255 per person for an open work permit. If you are restoring a work permit or applying as a group of performing artists, additional fees will apply.
How to obtain a Canadian work visa permit.
The procedure for acquiring a Canadian work permit differs significantly based on the type of work permit sought. For example, as part of their study visa authorisation, a foreign student studying in Canada is sometimes granted permission to work part-time.
The majority of closed work permit applications require a foreign national to have an official job offer from a Canadian business that is backed up by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). Even individuals who are exempt from the LMIA or do not require a work visa should be aware of the special papers they must produce in order to be admitted to Canada.
To get your Canada work visa please click on the the application below 👇
Leave a Reply